Druid Hill is located at 4020 North 30th Street. The original building was constructed in 1917 as a neighborhood elementary school. In 1976, it became a Primary Grade Level Center under the Omaha Public Schools desegregation plan. In the fall of 1984, the science emphasis was moved to another magnet. In the fall of 1996, Druid Hill relocated to a brand new Skinner Magnet Center with the K-6 curriculum. The Omaha Public School District housed Monroe Middle School 7th grade in Druid Hill until the renovation of Monroe was finished. The Druid Hill students and staff moved into their new building in August of 2002.